Hidalgo County - Home  
Saturday, May 25, 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
  • How much does the permit cost?
  • The permit costs $200.
  • How do I pay for the permit?
  • The Permit can be paid for with an established escrow account ( Click here for Escrow Deposit Form in PDF format ), or by credit card. If you use a credit card there will be a $6.00 convenience fee.

    Checks and Money Orders for Escrow Deposits must be drawn on U.S. banks.
  • How long is the permit good for?
  • The permit is good for 24 hours once it has been activated.
  • What hours of day is the permit good for?
  • Overweight: 24/7; Oversized: Daylight hours
  • What types of freight can be moved using the new HCRMA Overweight Permit?
  • All legal commodities can be moved under the permit.
  • Do I need anything else once I get my permit?
  • You need a certified scale ticket matching the weights on your permit. This can be obtained at the scales in Reynosa or any other certified scales in Mexico.
  • Is the scale in Reynosa the only place I can get a certified scale ticket in Mexico?
  • No. You can use any certified scale in Mexico. This includes gross weight scale tickets. The total axle weights on the permit need to equal the gross weight scale ticket.
  • Who do I contact at HCRMA if I have questions?
  • You may contact the HCRMA office at (956) 402-4762 or email overweight.permits-(at)-hcrma.net
  • Can I purchase an oversize / overweight permit to travel from Cameron County into Hidalgo County?
  • NO. Currently there is not connecting routes from Hidalgo County to Cameron County.